Saturday, March 27, 2010

My lil Wrestler!






Okay I know I have not been the most faithful blogger, but I am going to start trying to blog more often. Gavin started wrestling and has really taken to it like a fish to water. He had his first pin today and in his honor my mother-in-law made these cool collages for his scrap book. I have to admit that I was excited that next week will be Gavin's last tournament, until the coach approached Thomas and asked for his help to start/coach a year round free style team. It is so hard to watch other kids choke and slam your baby down on the mat. It's even harder to see the frustration and disappointment on his face when his 110% very best isn't enough. Not to mention having to have him at various High Schools before 8 AM on Saturday mornings for weigh-ins! Thomas was a big wrestler in high school and keeps reassuring me that it really helps teach self discipline and the rewards of hard work. As much as I can't stand to watch it, I can't help but notice the excitement on my boys face when he's wrestling, let alone his talent! I have to except that he is 100% boy and growing up so fast. I'm no longer allowed to give him kisses on the lips, if I want a kiss it's on the cheeks and has to be done before we leave the house for school in the morning! I don't know where the time goes? One week from today Ruthie will be 2 and in 5 weeks Gavin will 7! Crazy! Well it's bed time in this house stay tuned there will be more blogs to come!

1 comment:

The Bailey's said...

oh man that would be hard to watch. Gavin is so stinken cute too. I miss the kids. Tom is right though...even if it is really hard sport to watch. keep posting. I love it!